Fielding Town gives public notice because of the disqualification of candidates during the regular election, there will be three 2-year term vacancies on the Town Council up for appointment Below are the process and requirements for filling the vacancies:
- Any interested party must submit their name to the Clerk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than January 3, 2024, at 5:00 pm.
- Interested party must be a Fielding Town resident, a registered voter, and have lived in Fielding Town for at least 12 months prior to January 4, 2024
- Interested party must attend a Special Meeting held January 4, 2024, at 6:00 pm, to be interviewed, at the Town Hall, 150 S 100 W, Fielding, Utah.
- The two remaining council members who were not up for election this year will interview and vote by ballot for their top three choices; if there are no ties, those people will fill the vacancies. If there is a tie vote, a second vote will be taken of just those candidates. If there is still a tie after the second vote, without three clear winners, a coin toss will determine the outcome
- The top 3 choices will be immediately sworn in by the Clerk and attend the regular January 4, 2024 Council Meeting as Councilmembers
- The Town Attorney will attend to make sure all State Code and Regulations are followed
- See Utah Code 20A-1-510 for more info
Questions, please contact Dottie Garn at 435-452-2577 or email email@example.com